Keeping your business safe from fire in Bradley
The fire services recommend this checklist to assist your small business in preventing damage that could be caused by fire:
- Avoid storing or stockpiling flammable materials such as packaging materials or waste where they could be accessed by the public, including areas immediately outside your business premises.
- Make sure all machinery is serviced as recommended by manufacturers and is kept clean. If possible, switch machinery off when the business is unattended.
- Secure all doors, windows or other access points when the business is unattended, and make sure your business has adequate lighting to deter trespassers.
- Ensure your business has an adequately serviced and functional fire alarm system that is suitable to your small business eg: Remote serviced alarm systems, sprinkler systems, thermal or smoke alarms etc.
- If your business stores dangerous goods, ensure their storage and use adheres to legislative requirements.
- Make sure your business has a written and practiced fire escape plan that includes full staff lists and designated meeting points.